Anxiety to Calm
Alberta Anxiety to Calm™ is grounded in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It is a simple, positive workshop to help people learn more about anxiety, develop skills to manage and reduce anxiety and experience more calmness. A participant manual has been developed for participants to work with during the workshop and to sustain the use of skills afterward. Anxiety to Calm workshops have been offered by Red Deer PCN for the last 6 years and has spread to many Alberta locations.
- Find Calm: Learn exercises that will help you manage your anxiety
- Challenge Yourself: Challenge your thoughts, behaviors, and emotions
- Live Well: Learn to make healthy lifestyle choices
Participants must be 18 or older, and may be referred by their physician or self refer by calling our office at 403-845-3050
Symptoms of anxiety are on the rise among youth. This program has been developed by the Red Deer Primary Care Network in response to a high frequency of referrals for anxiety. As a counterpart to the 18+ workshop Alberta Anxiety to Calm, Anxiety to Calm for Youth has been developed for those 12 to 17 years of age. This program is based primarily on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT,) a result-based method that has repeatedly shown to have a strong effect in the treatment of anxiety disorders. This free, newly-developed program runs for six weeks.
Anxiety to Calm for Youth focuses on three key areas of learning:
- Find Calm: practice exercises to help manage anxiety
- Challenge Yourself: designed to challenge your thoughts, behaviours and emotions
- Live Well: learn healthy lifestyle choices that will benefit you for years to come
Participants may be referred by their family doctor or self-refer by calling our office at 403-845-3050.