- This event has passed.
Diabetes: The Basics
December 15, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Free educational workshop for anyone diagnosed with pre-diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, or at risk of developing diabetes.
Diabetes the Basics is offered as a four-part group session led by AHS professionals who share their expertise, provide information and encourage discussions that can help participants better manage their condition. The session is offered to people at risk of developing diabetes, as well as those who have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes or Type 2 diabetes.
Participants will learn about:
- What diabetes is.
- Foods that affect blood sugar.
- Blood glucose monitoring and control.
- Medications for diabetes.
- What to do during an illness.
- How physical activity affects blood sugar.
- The importance of foot care.